Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Hugs and a Robot Party

I have 2 cards for you today. The first is for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge (use a stencil).


This card was super simple to make. It's actually one layer; I just laid the stencil over the top and then used my ink blending tool to blend 3 different colors of pink into the card base. I die cut the hugs die and then embossed the rest of the sentiment on black and cut the fishtail in the banner. That was it! I laid down some silver thread on the base before I adhered everything. That allowed the adhesive from all the parts to keep the thread in place.




Next up is a card that I made for a friend's birthday. February is another extremely busy birthday month for me, so I'm starting to get a jump start on all the cards I'll need!


I fell in love with this set from Clearly Besotted the second I saw it! It has perfect images for all the boys/men in our lives. I have a friend that is constantly tinkering with electronics. He always has some sort of project going! This card was made especially for him. I used an idea from Kelly Latevola for the background. It looks just like party lights! I stamped all of my robots and then masked them off. I blended distress inks into the background with my blending tool and then used a small circle stamp from another set to create the "lights". After all that was done, I removed the masks and simply colored my images with copics. I added a bit of "ground" beneath them with some light grays.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful ombre technique with the stencil, Rachel! Those robots are darn cute too! Thanks for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful cards, love the Ombre!

    ReplyDelete