Thursday, April 5, 2018

Be a Mermaid

Hello! My husband's away on a business trip for a few days, so I've been playing in my craft room. I decided to break out my copics and try my hand at a water background.


I stamped my mermaid on a panel cut from a Stitched Rectangle die using my MISTI. At this  point, I left the sentiment off because I didn't want it to get in the way of my coloring.

I started by coloring my mermaid the way I always do and then moved on to the new part - the background! It's actually a lot easier than it looks, I swear! I used several different shades of blue to create stripes of coloring all around the mermaid. As you add more and more stripes, the colors begin to blend together and look like less of a mess a more like abstract water. To finish off the creation, I took my colorless blender pen, BG10, and B93 to create bubbles surrounding my mermaid. To add the final touch, I added just a few white bubbles with my gel pen.

I added my sentiment by stamping in Versamark ink and then heat embossing in silver powder. I adhered my panel to a white card base with my glue runner and it was all finished!

Seriously, this card looks really difficult to put together, but it was actually really easy! I was nervous to try it out, but really pleased with the results!

Thanks for stopping by today!


No comments:

Post a Comment