Thursday, April 12, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches Entry

Hello! I've been in the crafty mood lately and I've been looking through some of the challenges that I used to enter, but haven't had time for in a while. This week's Freshly Made Sketch was right up my alley, so I broke out my supplies and whipped something up to join!



I used a ton of different supplies from different companies for this one. It gave me a chance to just be creative for the sake of creativity which is something that I haven't had much time for recently. It's so much fun to just use the products I love because I love them!


Okay, so to start this card, I knew I wanted a white card base. I cut and folded a base from some Neenah Solar White and then stamped my Marble background in Versamark ink. I heat embossed the card front with Pearl embossing powder to create a fun tone-on-tone look with some shine. It's really beautiful in real life. Super shiny and shimmery. I'm in love with it!

Next up, I cut a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock down to 1 1/2 inches by 5 1/2 inches. I ran it through my Big Shot with my Stitched Woodgrain cover plate to give it that stitched detail. I adhered this to my card front using foam tape for some dimension.

I stamped my images using my MISTI and then used my copics to color them. I cut them out using my Brother Scan N Cut (yay for no fussy cutting!). I stamped my sentiment in Versamark on a piece of pink paper to match my roses and then heat embossed with white embossing powder. I cut the piece down to a strip and then adhered it behind my image.

I used a combination of foam tape and my tape runner to adhere the flowers and the sentiment strip across the base/woodgrain strip. To finish it off, I added a little glitter detail to the water using my Clear Wink of Stella pen.

So there you have it. A card created with a bunch of my current favorite products. These are the things that have been living on my desk for the past couple of weeks and seem to find their way into cards frequently - but never together until today!

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! How pretty is this card and those perfectly coloured flowers. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete