Tuesday, April 3, 2018

CASology: Start

Hello! I'm back today with a new cue from CASology!


I took a look through my stamps and was stuck for a little while until I started thinking a little outside the box. I stopped looking for a sentiment with the actual word in it and started thinking about what you can start in your life. And what's better than a fun trip!?


This card is super simple. It's one layer and doesn't feature any coloring (totally different for me!). I started by using my MISTI to position my silhouette of London (retired stamp set from Clearly Besotted). I stamped it once in black ink and then used a circle die to make a mask from some scrap paper. I placed it over the city and then used some post it tape to mask off the bottom of the circle below the city.

I used 3 different Mama Elephant pigment inks to create my sunset blend - Apricot, Orangeade, and Sunshine. I blended Sunshine lightly up from the bottom of the city and then blended Apricot in from the top. I used Orangeade in the center to create a smooth blend between the two original inks.

I removed my mask and then used my MISTI again (I simply left the stamp in the same position inside it) to restamp my cityscape in black ink to make sure the impression was really dark after all the blending. I then used the MISTI to stamp the sentiment below my city.

Easy-peasy!

Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to link up your own creations on the CASology post!


2 comments: