Tuesday, April 17, 2018

CASology: Parent

Hello! It's time for a new cue from CASology!


With Mother's Day right around the corner, I decided to create a card that I could send for the holiday. (Most likely my mother-in-law because my Mom creeps on my social media!)


I started this card by creating the card base first. I knew I wanted to add an extra little something to it to make it super special. I just love these coverplates from Lil Inker Designs so I settled on this pretty stitched spiral plate. They're a fantastic way to add interest to a plain card base without adding any extra layers or bulk. I simply ran my card base through my Big Shot with my coverplate and I got this incredibly pretty card! I also cut out a circle from some vellum so that my focal image wouldn't get lost in the stitching on the front of the card.

I set these aside and then used my MISTI to stamp my floral image. I colored it in with my Copics and then used my Brother Scan N Cut 2 to cut it out. Then I used my MISTI to stamp my sentiment on a strip of black cardstock in Versamark ink. I heat embossed in white powder and then used my scissors to snip a flag on the end. I added a dab of Multi Medium Matte to the end of the flag to adhere it to the back of my floral image.

I adhered my floral image with attached flag to the vellum circle using some foam tape and then added a little bit more Multi Medium Matte behind the image on the back of the vellum to adhere it to the card base without the adhesive showing through on the front. I finished it off by adding just a few Lemon Drop jewels from Pretty Pink Posh.


I know this is a little more elaborate than I normally go for, but I wanted to make something extra special for Mother's Day!

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Mother's Day card, Rachel! Your stitched spirals in the background work perfectly with these beautiful blooms, and I love that you used a vellum circle behind them...so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is gorgeous! Your coloring is always so wonderfully blended - I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete