Friday, April 6, 2018

Merlin's Pants!

With my husband away, the mice will play! And by mice I mean me! I've been playing with my Copics and experimenting with drawing in backgrounds and that's where this card came from.


I cut a piece of white cardstock down the size of an A2 card base and then stamped my little Ron to the side. I then went about sketching in my Whomping Willow with my lightest brown marker. I outlined the basic shape that I wanted and then gradually started adding in streaks of darker browns until it looked relatively like a tree!

I then went on to the grass. I colored the base area with YG01 and then started adding in small flicks of grass with gradually darker greens. When that was finished, I moved on to the sky. I added B00 in upward flicks from the ground toward the sky and then added flicks of B000 through the middle. To finish it off, I used B0000 to flick through the top. This created a gradient look for the blues.

I finished up the coloring by coloring in my little Ron the way I normally do.

I used my Calli Letters from Mama Elephant to stamp my sentiment in Versamark on black cardstock and then heat embossed it in white. I cut the strip down to the right size to fit over the bottom of the card base and then used double sided tape to attach it.

I used the same double sided tape to attach my panel to a top folding card base.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment