Tuesday, April 24, 2018

CASology: Active

Hello! It's time for another brand new cue from CASology!


This is another cue that I really struggled with. I think I was just overthinking it. (I almost missed my deadline because I was so stumped!) I finally sat down and just flipped through a few of my stamp sets. I stopped on this particular sentiment set from Mama Elephant. It's a gorgeous script that creates a line across your card front. Then I thought - Wow, I bet I could get an image to look active on top of that line! And that's how my idea was born!


This card is incredibly simple to put together and requires very little coloring! I used my MISTI to stamp my sentiment so I was sure that it would be straight and then stamped my little penguin so he would be skating on top of the line. I used just a few copics to color him in and give him a little bit of dimension, but I thought he was still missing something. So I went back in with a little heart from my sentiment set and added just a touch of red ink. I think it helped balance it all nicely.

That's it! One layer and super simple to put together. I hardly used any copic ink, so there wasn't even any bleeding through my paper. Can't get much more CAS than that!

Thanks for stopping by!



3 comments:

  1. Awesome card - it certainly doesn't feel like you struggled! Love the touch of shadow you added to the adorable penguin - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very clever design for the cue, Rachel! You know I love the QACAS cards so I'm really in love with this sweet card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, this is such a cute card! I love penguins :)

    ReplyDelete