Friday, February 26, 2016

Bear Hugz

I actually made this card yesterday, but it was late enough in the day that I had absolutely no light to take pictures. I had to wait until today so I could take something that didn't look like a shadowy blob!


I created this specifically for the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge which was to use a tag in your design. I don't normally use tags, but I happened to have gotten the Stitched Dress Up Tags die set a couple of months ago so that I could make tags for presents for my family. Definitely came in handy! I cut the main tag from Neenah Desert Storm and the top piece from Blushing Bride cardstock. I simply used liquid adhesive to adhere the pieces together and then set them under something heavy until they dried.

While I was waiting for the tag to dry, I stamped the bear image and then colored him in with copics. I used the matching dies to easily cut him out and then used foam tape to adhere him to the tag. I thought the white card base looked too bland, so I used the Falling Snow Stencil with a little matching Blushing Bride ink to create a confetti-like background. I adhered the tag to the base with a little more foam tape and then finished it up with a few Sparkling Clear Sequins.

I'm also going to enter this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge since it's Anything Goes this week!




3 comments:

  1. This is SO sweet! Love your spec-tag-ular design with the bear! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this adorable bear! SO cute !

    ReplyDelete