Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Donuts and BBQ

I have 2 cards to share with you today, so let's get started!


My first card was created by using a ton of masking. I stamped that very top donut first and then masked it off and stamped the donut underneath. And so on and so on... Until I had a pretty little stack of five donuts! I colored them with my copics and added some shiny Wink of Stella to the icing on each one.


You can see the pretty shine on the purple donut in this closer picture. It's really pretty when you're holding it in your hand!

I'm entering this one into the Paper Smooches Challenge. This month is to make something Fun and Cute! I can't think of anything more fun than a stack of donuts. Add to that the rainbow colors and boy is it cute!





Next up is another Valentine's Day card. I made this one for one of my nephews.


My nephews love a good pun and this delivers. I love this cute Lawn Fawn set! This another card that uses a ton of masking. I started by stamping the hamburger and the flames and masked them all off. Then I stamped the grill on top of them and masked it off. With everything masked, I sponged the green and blue for the background. Finish all that with the sentiment and the smoke and all the stamping is done and I was ready to color the rest with my Copics!

This card is being entered into the Lawnscaping Challenge. This week is "Sending Love". I thought this fit since it's a Valentine's Day card.




7 comments:

  1. I love these!! So so clever. But I think the donut one is my fav. A girl who loves donuts can't resist!! Thank you for playing along with Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your cards are amazing. You coloring is so bright and clean! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable cards!! The coloring is so pretty on both of your cards! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both awesome! The grill looks real - fabulous coloring!

    Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love your donut stack. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greaaat cards! Love that stack of donuts!

    ReplyDelete