Monday, February 29, 2016

The Challenge #62

This week over on The Challenge blog, we have a Masculine Challenge Inspiration picture.


My eye was immediately drawn to the map on the wall. I based the rest of my card off of that image.


I stamped the map image from Concord and 9th's Map Love onto a light blue piece of cardstock using a soft brown ink. I wanted to replicate the look of the map for this piece. In order to highlight it, I cut a card panel from white cardstock and then cut focal point using a circle die. I adhered my original map piece behind the panel to draw more attention to it. I heat embossed the sentiment at the bottom in gold in an echo of the hinges on the trunk in the front of the picture. Keeping with the more masculine look, I tied some hemp twine around the card to break up the white space left on the panel. I adhered the whole thing with some craft foam to a navy blue card base (again echoing the trunk). I decided to skip any other embellishments for this one. I always feel like adding to many sparkly items like sequins or pearls makes a card feel more feminine. I left it simple with the gold sentiment and that's enough sparkle for me for once!

I think this card would make a great Graduation card. Too bad all the boys in my family are still in Elementary School!



5 comments:

  1. Perfect card for the inspiration photo! I love the sentiment! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous CAS card, I love this great design and the wonderful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great sentiment/image pairing, and I just love how you've pulled the palette right out of the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking at your work since I came over to say how much I love your CASology card. I love your style, and have enjoyed perusing your blog. This card is absolutely fantastic. I love your take on the challenge. This is CAS perfection. I LOVE that sentiment. I would love to know where it came from. Would you please let me know (slan.zal@verizon.net)? Save this beauty for someone in your family. The time flies so quickly, and this one is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! I meant to include this in the list of supplies, but I missed it! The sentiment is from the Neat & Tangled set - Origami Map. You can find it here: https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product?id=323380

      Delete