Monday, February 1, 2016

The Challenge #59

I have a fun announcement for you today! I've been asked to join the design team over at The Challenge! I joyfully accepted and today is my first day participating as an actual designer! I'm over the moon thrilled to be joining this incredibly talented team of ladies!

Since this is the first week of the month, this week's challenge is a sketch for you to try.


I'll be honest with you, I struggled a little with this one. I tried to turn the circles into balloons for my first attempt and it just looked wonky. Instead, I decided to take a very literal interpretation and this is what I came up with.


I turned it into a Valentine's Day card for my hubby. I kept the circle shapes on the side and then overlapped them with some silver embossed scribble circles. It adds just a little bit more interest and shine. I followed that by heat embossing the sentiment in the same silver to keep it uniform.

Here's a fun little tip for you - If you don't have many geometric shapes, look at your stamps from the other side. I have a set that had donut shapes in it and instead of using the actual stamp side, I turned them over on my block and used the back to stamp. That's actually how I got my medium and small circles! This is just a fun way to stretch your stamps when you don't have exactly what you're looking for.



6 comments:

  1. Hooray! So happy you said yes! Love your circle card and the pretty colours you used! Welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the team, Rachel! Super beautiful card for your debut too! Love the reds and pinks with the silver overlapping! Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your interpretation turned out wonderfully! I love your use of the circles and scribbles together! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge fan of circles on cards and I really love this eye catching beauty! Great to have you on the team, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the team, Rachel! Love your take on the sketch! The scribbles work perfectly with the solid circles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Rachel, beautiful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete