Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Card Concept Guest Designer!

I was recently asked to step in as the Guest Designer for the month of February over at The Card Concept blog. I'm being featured as a Clean and Simple designer which is normally what my work falls into. I try not to limit myself to one style, but as you know, I typically go for a clean look anyway.

This week's inspiration is this picture:


Yummy! Look at those scrumptious cookies! That's immediately where my head went. I don't really have many cookie stamps, but I do have the pizza set from Lawn Fawn...


I turned those little heart shaped pizzas into cookies just by changing up the way I color them! How fun is that!? I simply stamped the center cookie on a panel and then masked it off with some masking paper to stamp the other two "behind" it. I colored them in with my copics and then added clear Wink of Stella to the frosting for some fun shimmer. I finished the card with a sentiment from another set by Paper Smooches. I love that whimsical font that Kim uses!

Like I said, this card is very simple, but it's striking with all that white space. I just love how it turned out and I can't wait to send it to someone!

And this is also just in time for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! This week is to "Have a Heart" and this fits perfectly with those sweet cookie images. I'm also entering it into the Lawnscaping Challenge, which is Sending Love.

  




17 comments:

  1. Congrats on being our GD and your card is adorable, colouring is superb xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the challenge, Rachel! Those cookies are perfect! I haven't seen that stamp before! Pizza to cookies! Great idea! Thrilled to have you as our guest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! The cookies and the sentiment work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative!The cookies are so cute with the fun sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, I like how you turned the pizzas into cookies. Very Original!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful CAS card Rachel, a lovely design with fabulous cookies with a 'sweet' sentiment!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel your card is beautiful! I'm so glad you're joining us this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous! Love the rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, what a precious card!!! Just love those heart shaped cookies! It is great having you guest design with us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, Rachel! I love the cheerful colors! Thanks for being a great guest designer at The Card Concept this week!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your colouring is WOW! So happy that you are our guest designer this week at The Card Concept! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These heart cookies are so cute! I love your coloring, they look so yummy! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a smart idea to change the pizzas into cookies! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with Lawnscaping Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my your cookie hearts are just perfect!! So glad you were guest designer with us this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a creative way to use a pizza-themed set! Thanks for playing with our "Sending Love" challenge at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome to The Card Concept as our Guest Designer!! Love your trio of hearts- I would have never guessed that they were supposed to be pizzas (they look like cookies to me) :-) Great job on the CAS design (one of the styles that I admire greatly but struggle creating for sure)- hugs and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete