Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Bokeh Effect

I got a little ambitious today and decided to try out a new technique that I've never tried before. I still have a little fine-tuning to do, but I like it! The Bokeh effect recreates a light effect that you can get in photography.




I used a watercolor wash for the background (Pool Party and Pear Pizazz). Then I created a homemade stencil with vellum by punching out a couple different sizes of circles. Using this stencil, I randomly inked in the white circles on the background. The smaller the circle, the more intense the white ink should be. I finished up by adding little "dust motes" with a distress marker in white. (Looking back, I probably wouldn't do that again.) I finished it off by trimming up my panel and then stamping my sentiment in Early Espresso and attaching it to my card base with dimensionals. (I used a heat tool to completely dry my background and my white circles before finishing it.)

A couple closer shots of the Bokeh effect.



Ink: Pear Pizazz, Pool Party, Early Espresso, Craft White
Paper: Whisper White
Tools: Homemade Stencil, Sponge Dauber, Heat Tool

No comments:

Post a Comment