Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches 151 & ColorThrowdown 307

I'm trying my hand at yet another challenge today. I mashed up Freshly Made Sketches with Color Throwdown again.



I'm in need a few more thank you cards, so this is what I came up with.

 
 
I used a Heidi Swapp stencil for the honeycomb and then the Flower Patch stamps with the Flower Fair matching dies to create my flower and leaves. I had to do some fussy cutting to get the smaller pieces of the larger flower, but I think it was worth it for some dimension. It's finished off with a sweep of Old Olive from the Gorgeous Grunge set and a sentiment from A Dozen Thoughts.


To keep the inside of my card interesting, I just used the same stencil down the right side. It's light enough that it won't interfere with any sentiment that I want to write inside later.

Stamps: Flower Patch, Gorgeous Grunge, A Dozen Thoughts
Ink: Old Olive, Crushed Curry, Pacific Point
Paper: Old Olive, Crushed Curry, Whisper White
Accents: Homemade Candy Dot
Miscellaneous: Heidi Swapp Honeycomb Stencil

13 comments:

  1. sharp looking card....love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO super love this!! I LOVE the honeycomb in the background and those gorgeous flowers! Thanks SO much for playing along with The Color Throwdown!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! Fun use of the sketch and colors! Love the sent lied background and swipe from the grunge stamp...those layered flowers and sentiment are the perfect finishing touches! So glad you played with us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a nice style. I so enjoy visiting and getting ideas. I am new to making greeting cards. I find it hard to come up with ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty new, too! I just look at people's blogs and play on Pinterest. There's so much information out there and so many fun ideas!

      Delete
  5. Great card..love how you finished the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning design! LOVE the bold flower and touch of grunge! So glad to see you in the CTD gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just fabulous! Such great texture and color. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is beautiful! I love how you've used stencils and stamping for some of the sketch elements! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a charming card! Your honeycomb background is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your use of the sketch with that big blue flower, and I love the way you have brought the pattern into the inside of the card. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete