Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Happy New Home!

Some friends of ours just moved into their first home together and my husband and I wanted to send them a house-warming gift. Since we live in Arizona and they're back in Missouri, we have to send a gift card rather than something large. I decided to try my hand at a New Home card.


If you've seen my blog before, you know that this is not my typical style. I searched through my stamp sets until I found this seriously old one that I bought when I first started stamping (and honestly, I bought it for $4 in a clearance bin!). The set itself is by Hampton Arts and I don't even know the name of it. It has all sorts of childlike images for a home (houses, trees, clouds, and even a couch and chair!). It's really the only set that spoke to me.

I stamped each house on whisper white paper and then fussy cut around them. I also did the same with the trees, sun, and hearts. The clouds were embossed with white powder directly on the Pool Party cardstock. The sentiment was from a different set by Fiskars. To make the grass, I simply tore a piece of the Gumball Green cardstock that I had in my scrap pile.

Stamps: Unknown Hampton Arts, Petals from Scratch (Fiskars).
Paper: Pool Party, Gumball Green, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Ink: Versamark (for embossing powder), Gumball Green, Early Espresso, Soft Suede. Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight, Real Red
Embossing Powder: Snow (Recollections)

No comments:

Post a Comment